by Rahul Sinha, 17 Nov, 2016
“One of the principles of the future employee will be shifting from being a “knowledge worker” to being a “learning worker” – Jacob Morgan, “The Future of Work.”
Learning in the workplace is a constantly evolving space. Today, every organization aspires to be a “Learning” organization giving significant emphasis on “self-learning”. A robust, technology-driven and flexible learning platform that enables continuous learning Continue Reading
by Anita Vinod & Teena Thimothy on 27 May ’15
- What services does SLIM offer?
- Impact of services on Business and learner
Gone are the days learning was confined to a classroom or a desktop. Social learning or mobile learning is ideal for providing content to learners at the time of need and in the context best suited for that specific environment.
Communication channels in their many forms are literally everywhere! As learning practices and technology tools change, mobile learning itself will continue to evolve.
Micro learning, as we know it today, may further be broken down in the years to come. Byte sized learning may become “Nibble” sized, for all we know!! But what will remain a constant is the tendency of the learner to want to learn more with lesser and lesser efforts. Today, we talk about bringing “learning to the learners” as a revolution in the leaning domain. Tomorrow that will be the norm. No learner would want to spend hours confined to a classroom or even login to e-learning courses to complete sessions.
The mega revolution in “wearable” devices will provide even more flexibility, choice and accessibility to the learner on when, what and how to learn. SLIM (Social Learning via Instant Messaging) will evolve, and it will be an organic growth keeping abreast with the trending technologies.
The basis of SLIM lies in the following beliefs:
- Provide flexible learning opportunities
- Cater to diminishing attention spans
- Make use of existing technology without any overhead investment
- Service the business and learners in a consistent, efficient and effective manner
SLIM as a learning delivery methodology is technology agnostic and can mold itself to suit the technology of choice gives it a huge edge over other packaged services. And the matter of fact is that instant messaging will evolve and one can enable much better learning proliferation via SLIM.
The challenge in implementation of SLIM is not in the complexity of the services, but in the scalability. Neeyamo as a pioneer and focused service provider will be able to provide highly evolved, innovative and exciting modes of learning to the learners of tomorrow.
Interested in adopting SLIM, the new age learning delivery system for your employees. Set up a time our LPO experts can assist you.
by Anita Vinod & Teena Thimothy on 19 May ’15
- Instant messaging technologies available in the market today
- Fundamental understanding of the pros and cons in implementing learning through instant messaging
While instant messaging has taken the world by storm, there always lurk few questions regarding its viability as an effective platform for learning.
The foremost question being is Data Confidentiality. Information that is transmitted through Instant Messenger pass through servers and networks that may or may not be secure, so there is no guarantee that the information you send is 100% secure. Further, Instant Messaging services often contain file sharing programs which can leave confidential information on the server even after you terminate the session.
How can we conduct effective learning if we are constantly worried about losing proprietary information to cyber miscreants?
Keeping in mind that the concern is inherent with most instant messaging apps, there are a few workarounds. The situation may change fairly rapidly since most apps are undergoing updates at very regular frequencies.
- Keep It Simple: Let’s not have proprietary information in instant messaging apps. Simple? Yes! Doable? Oh yes! We recommend looking within your learning portfolio. There are a large number of courses which are generic and have no proprietary information whatsoever. But the organizations spend hours trying to conduct those courses using traditional methods. Why not switch to SLIM?
- Switch to the Unconventional: Making a statement that instant messaging apps do not offer data security may be misrepresenting the facts. There are quite a few apps out there which do offer a fairly high degree of data security. They are not as popular, but the features have been tuned to a point where, basis the organizations appetite for data confidentiality they can pick and choose the preferred app. However, the learners need to be guided and encouraged to use an unfamiliar app.
- If you don’t have it; Build it: It’s the day and age when creating an app to suit the customer’s specific needs is not the stuff of dreams. So go ahead, build a secure app and learn away!!
- Attack the Hardware: More often than not, the concern stems from the fact that the shared content is downloadable and shareable. Hit the root cause of the issue. Limit the smart phones capability to share the information depending on the level of confidentiality of the content in question.
Stay tuned to learn more about SLIM as a service and how it will benefit your employees…